Northbay Solutions (northbaysolutions.com) is a premier AWS (Amazon Web Services) based advanced big data
consulting partner based in the USA. Northbay Solutions initiated its off-shore consulting in Lahore, Pakistan.
Auxenta joined in as their second off-shore consulting partner in the space of AWS Big Data consultancy.
How we helped
Nearly 10 members of our cloud practice obtained certification in AWS and went on a rigorous AWS Big Data
specific training with the help of the experts in Northbay USA and Northbay Pakistan. During this period
the team received the AWS core services expertise and mainly the AWS Big Data services knowledge such
as Redshift, Lambda, Kinesis Streams/ Firehose, Data Pipeline, EMR, ECS, Data Lake design on S3, Cloud
Formation, Amazon Glue, API Gateway, IAM with STS, Notification services via SNS along with real-time
streaming with Apache Spark and Apache Flink.
Auxenta has been assisting the Northbay Pakistan offshore team in multiple engagements.
Data Warehousing Optimization: We engaged in an assignment to produce an optimization report analyzing
a real data warehouse of a USA health care product client. AWS Redshift has been the technology used
and the Auxenta team was engaged in various data warehouse optimization techniques to analyze gaps in
the client design and usage.
Data Lake Design: We engaged with clients specialized in financial research, marketing and investment
management in the area of Data Lake Design. The inability to handle terabytes of data, which were ingested
in a rapid space was the key reason for those clients to investigate on Data Lake design. AWS was the
preferred cloud option and the solution was proposed with the help of multiple AWS Big Data services
such as S3, Kinesis Firehose, Lambda, Step Function, EMR with Spark/ Flink.
The Data Lake Design helped these organizations
- Support any workload regardless of volume, velocity or variety of data
- Use a variety of descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics for business insights
BENEFITS TO CLIENT
With the help of Data Lake design approach, the clients were able to,
1. Quickly ingest data without sticking to a pre-defined schema
2. The ability to analyze all the data from a centralized location
3. The ability to enable ad-hoc analysis by applying schemas on read enabling business insights more
4. Improved time to value and reduced TCO
5. The assurance from the most complete platform for Big Data